Facts about Andhra Pradesh – Andhra Pradesh is a state bordering India’s southeastern shore. It’s official and the widely spoken language is Telugu. The new capital is named after the historical site of Amaravathi, known as a centre of Buddhist culture that thrived from 400 BC to 1100 AD. It is located on the southern banks of the River Krishna in Guntur and Krishna districts. The foundation stone of this planned city was laid at Uddandarayunipalem village of Guntur district by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22 October 2015. The towns of Guntur and Vijayawada would be the significant suburbs of the town.
Government of Andhra Pradesh
||N. Chandrababu Naidu
||High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad for the States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
||Justice Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale, The Acting Chief Justice
Seats of Andhra Pradesh
||175 + 58 (Bicameral Constituency)
|Lok Sabha Seats
|Rajya Sabha Seats
Symbols of Andhra Pradesh
- Mrugavani National Park
- Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
- Namdapha National Park
- Mouling National Park
- Rajiv Gandhi National Park
- Sri Venkateswara National Park
- Pulicat Lake WLS
- Kawal WLS
- Rajiv Gandhi (Nagarjuna Sagar-Srisailam) WLS
- Nellapattu WLS
- Kolleru WLS
- Rollapadu WLS
- Coringa WLS
- Srisailam Dam: on Narmada River, Andhra Pradesh
- Nagarjuna Sagar Dam: on Krishna River, Andhra Pradesh
- Sri Damodaram Sanjeevaiah Thermal Power Station
- Simhadri Super Thermal Power Plant
- Kanaka Durga temple in the city of Vijayawada
- Tirumala Venkateswara temple in the town of Tirupati in Chittoor district
- Sri kalahasthi temple in Chittoor district
- Penchalakona Lakshmi Narasimha Swami Temple in Nellore district
- Mallikarjuna Swamy temple in srisailam of Kurnool district
- Rajahmundry city, located on the banks of Godavari River is one of the main attraction of the state.
- Sriharikota, located in the Nellore District is one of the main attractions of the state.
- Satish Dhawan Space Centre, located on the banks of Sriharikota in the Nellore District is one of the main attractions of the state.
- Mahanandi, located on the banks of Kurnool District is one of the main attractions of the state.
- Talakona city, located on the banks of Chittoor District is one of the main attractions of the state.
- Mypadu beach in Nellore.
- Borra caves in Ananthagari hills near Vishakapatnam.
- Belum caves in Kurnool district-second largest natural caves on the Indian subcontinent.
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan second president of India and Bharat Ratna Award Winner.
- Sarojini Naidu – freedom fighter and poet; Bengali, married to a Telugu person.
- Tanguturi Prakasam – known as “Andhra Kesari”
- Alluri Sita Rama Raju – revolutionary, freedom fighter, led the Rampa Rebellion, Viplava Jyoti.
- Potti Sreeramulu – a revolutionary, fasted to death in protest for separate Andhra Pradesh
- Pingali Venkayya – designed the Indian national flag
- Puchalapalli Sundaraiah – a founding member of Communist Party in India.
- Dr D. Subbarao -(IAS) officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre. He was appointed the 22nd Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Seaport & Harbor of Andhra Pradesh
What is Andhra Pradesh Famous for?
Andhra Pradesh is famous for Major Cultural landmarks include Tirumala Venkateswara Temple (Balaji Temple). Aandhra Pradesh is also famous for beaches like Rama Krishna and Rishikonda beaches.
- Vishakapatnam port is one of the largest cargo handling port in India.